Re: AW: AIX link error with g++ 4.4.0

>>> I have exactly the same error like described in
>>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2009-05/msg00323.html
>>> namely
>>> collect2: library libstdc++ -lsupc++ not found
>
>> The bug is in the way that gcc/gpg++spec.c uses LIBSTDCXX_STATIC, or
>> possibly in the way that macro is defined in gcc/config/rs6000/aix.h.  I
>> don't see a simple fix.

I have applied a fix to GCC mainline that uses LIBSTDCXX_STATIC as an
additional library argument when linking statically, solving this
problem.  I may backport this to GCC 4.4 if it proves safe.

While this solves the error about libstdc++ -lsupc++, I still receive
other errors on AIX 5.3 when linking statically because ld tried to
resolve all symbols in libc.a.  AIX 5.3 libc.a contains some
references to functions that are not defined elsewhere.  I needed to
use -Wl,-berok to generate a working executable.

David