Pragma directive or predefined for source charset?

Hi all,

I've discovered the -fexec-charset flag. However, after reading all the documentation and wading through the gcc source, I still haven't found a way to get the value of -fexec-charset at compile time via a predefined macro or some kind of pragma directive to control the encoding. IBM's XL C/C++ compiler has #pragma filetag to specify the charset used in creating the source file, as well as the __FILETAG__ macro which expands to a string literal representing the character coded set of #pragma filetag. It's also got the #pragma convlit directive to force the compiler to change the assumed codepage for character and string literals within the compilation unit. Is there anything like these in GCC? For all my hardcoded string and character literals, I need to know the source codeset so I can convert them to the user's locale.

.cpj