Re: Difference between -Os and -O2

Hieu Le Trung wrote:
Nicholas,

I'm not sure that I can try with Valgrind, because it's a shared
library. And the Valgrind does not work on MIPS. I have the code
compiled successful on x86, but the issue currently is shared library.
I've create an empty executable file, link with the .so and try to run
with Valgrind but I'm not sure it is correct or not.

Is there any way to use Valgrind with a shared library?

Unfortunately, I've never run Valgrind before, since I'm on Windows. I have heard a lot of good things about its capabilities, though. If you can't run Valgrind, at least try out a simpler memory debugger like dmalloc or Electric Fence. They find a much smaller set of bugs, but they're still useful.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock