Re: pthread - Segmentation fault

gopi bhimavarapu wrote:
Hi

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this program.
It is always crashing at thread # 24068.
By that, do you mean that you will have 24068 threads running concurrently? I wouldn't expect you to be able to create and use so many threads. The stack space needed for them alone would be a problem, even ignoring other limited resources on the platform you might be using. If they each have a 64K stack, which would not be unreasonable, you'd be allocating 1500MB of address space.

I cannot imagine a task for which having 24068 threads would be useful. The execution time will be dominated by task switching overhead.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock