FW: mingw hosted arm-elf output differs from linux hosted arm-elf when compiling with -Os

>This is most likely a bug.  Unfortunately, this type of bug can be
>somewhat painful to pin down.  There are a number of possible causes.
>One possible cause is the problem identified in
>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-08/msg01252.html

I've tried the solution mentioned above and it makes no difference, any
other suggestion or should we accept the fact and call it an (un)harmful
feature? Personal I would prefer to get it byte for byte identical.

I can mention that it seems to be an arm-elf issue, we build
powerpc-eabi(spe) and bfin-elf the same way and they don't produce output
that differs, any hints about that? We've also tried Cygwin built
toolchains, they produce the same output as the mingw hosted. Seems to bee
an Linux VS Windows issue.

Regards Andreas

Btw, the solution wasn't implemented in the gcc-4.2.2 and the ChangeLog
didn't mention why or why not.

tree-ssa-live.c

static
int compare_pairs (const void *p1, const void *p2)
{
#if 0
  partition_pair_p * pp1 = (partition_pair_p *) p1;
  partition_pair_p * pp2 = (partition_pair_p *) p2;
  int result;

  result = (* pp2)->cost - (* pp1)->cost;
  /* Issue 128204: Cygwin vs Linux host differences:
     If the costs are the same, use the partition indicies in order to
     obtain a stable, reproducible sort.  Otherwise the ordering will
     be at the mercy of the host's qsort library function implementation.
*/
  if (result == 0)
    {
      result = (* pp2)->first_partition - (* pp1)->first_partition;
      if (result == 0)
	result = (* pp2)->second_partition - (* pp1)->second_partition;
    }

  return result;
#else
  return (*(partition_pair_p *)p2)->cost - (*(partition_pair_p *)p1)->cost;
#endif

database 3984 (20090402) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 3984 (20090402) __________