Re: How to skip EABI in c code

"Dario Moretti" <dario.moretti@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm using GCC for powerpc. I wanted to compile some c code files asking
> the compiler to skip EABI code.
> In other words, I wanted to skip generation of code handling registers,
> variables, etc. push/pop (into stack) and function parameters passing.
> This code is usually inserted at beginning and end of all C functions.
>
> The idea is to write some small procedures in "C", compile them (asking
> to skip EABI stuff generation) and jump (from one assembler routine) to
> those procedures.
> I have also to ask the compiler to place all local variables into
> registers (instead of into stack).

As far as I know there is no compiler option or attribute for that.  On
some targets, but not PPC, there is a function attribute "naked" which
tells the compiler to omit all prologue and epilogue code.

It is unlikely that there will ever be an option to tell the compiler to
put all local variables into registers.  When optimizing, it already
tries to do that whenever possible.  All such an option would do is
cause the compiler to emit an error when it is not possible.

Ian