Re: Profiling compilation time

Yang Zhang <yanghatespam@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> Use the -ftime-report option.
>
> Neat!  Is there something similar for breaking down the time into time
> spent on individual files so that I can see which #included files are
> the most costly?  (If you treat the compiler as a template language
> interpreter then you can even imagine getting call-graph profiling
> results.)

That's a good idea.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything like
that at present.  It would be hard, and perhaps meaningless, to do that
for the IPA passes, but it could be done for the frontends and for the
general optimization passes (where I suppose the time for inlined
functions would go the function into which they are inlined.)

Ian