Re: Help with building gcc

Revital1 Eres wrote:
> Hello,
>>> I get the following error building GCC trunk on powerpc64:
>>>
>>> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when searching for
> -lc
>>> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when searching for
> -lc

You got responses from people more familiar with your specifics.
Apparently, the default for your target is a multilib build (build both
32- and 64-bit versions of gcc).  This could be changed with options such
as --disable-multilib.
As they pointed out, /usr/lib should have 32-bit libraries, which you
could check with the file command, while the 64-bit libraries should
reside in /usr/lib64/.  Apparently you did not have a distro which
requires/accepts a variance from this standard arrangment.