Re: how to NOT export symbols in statically linked 3rd party shared libs

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Forgive what may be a basic (and mostly off-topic) question, but is
> there any way to get GNU ld to output the linker script it generated
> internally (sort of) during a normal link, so we can use that as a
> starting point?

Yeah, [1] but you really don't want to do that if you're just controlling
exports.  The linker script to do that is very cut-down, not a full
linker script.

Look at gcc/config/i386/libgcc-glibc.ver

Andrew.

[1] man ld:

       --dll-verbose
       --verbose
           Display the version number for ld and list the linker emulations
           supported.  Display which input files can and cannot be opened.
           Display the linker script being used by the linker.