Re: collect2/ld doesn't search all paths dumped by gcc -print-search-dirs

"John Z. Bohach" <jzb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm trying to build a tiny test program using an alternate toolchain
> built purely from source (LFS ch. 5 method), but collect2 says that ld
> can't find a lib. that _does_ exist under /usr/lib, but /usr/lib is not
> even attempted as part of the search, even though /usr/lib _is_ part of
> the library search path dumped by "gcc -print-search-dirs".
> Bizarre...what am I misunderstanding?

That certainly seems peculiar and may indicate a bug.  Try running gcc
with the -v option to set the list of -L options which gcc passes to
collect2.  Those options should all be passed on to the linker.  You can
also run gcc with the option -Wl,-debug to see debugging information
from collect2.

Ian