Ignore multiple defined symbols

Hi,

I have large project and build finishes with several link errors,
all of them are:
"multiple definition of ___symbolname"

I know that it is not clean way to have devel.environment in such state,
but project was not created by me and I have only short time to work on it.

I looked into gcc manual but did not find solution.
Does not exist some gcc switch which ignores this error and takes first
found
symbol ? Or some other tip ?

Peter