Re: Problem faced in building GCC 4.0.2 on ubuntu 8.10 intrepid

Meena <meena@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Earlier I was working with GCC 4.0.2 on windows (using cygwin client). I
> had successfully configured and build GCC 4.0.2 for native compiler
> using cygwin client.
>
> Now, when I configured GCC 4.0.2 for native compiler on linux client
> (Ubuntu 8.10 - the Intrepid). Following error has been encountered
> during build
>
> /usr/include/bits/fcntl2.h:51: error: call to ‘__open_missing_mode’
> declared with attribute error: open with O_CREAT in second argument
> needs 3 arguments
>
> However, the above error has not encountered while building the GCC
> 4.3.2 for native compiler on the same linux client.
>
> I am not sure whether the problem is in GCC 4.0.2 itself or with system
> libraries. This is because if the problem is with system libraries then
> above error should occurred for GCC 4.3.2 as well.

If you want to ask a new question, plesae do not reply to an existing
e-mail message.  That interacts poorly with threaded e-mail readers.
Just send a new e-mail message instead.  This is true for all e-mail
lists.  Thanks.

This error message does not come from gcc.  It comes from your system
header files.  open is declared as an inline function, and it verifies
at compile time that it has enough options.  If you get this error
message when building gcc 4.0.2, that suggests that there is a bug in
the gcc 4.0.2 source code.  You didn't mention where you get the
message, so I can't actually check.  In any case, if you don't get the
message when building gcc 4.3.2, that suggests that the bug has been
fixed.

Ian