Re: Why GCC Compiler is not support for different versions .....

rkarthi2k5 <rkarthi2k5@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>                       I m working in C,C++ under gcc 4.3 version using
> fedora 9 OS. My project is already developed under SCO UNIX OS.. So, the gcc
> compiler for both are in different versions..... But my project is not
> support in gcc 4.3 in fedora.....  My question is, why the application is
> not supported in higher version of gcc 4.3 ......  what is reason for that
> and how it can be solve ..... Waiting for ur valuable reply .....

We don't know.

In general later versions of g++ conform more closely to the C++
standard.  Perhaps that is why.  In that case, the fix is going to be
to modify your application to conform to the C++ standard.

If you want us to help you in some way, you will have to tell us
precisely what you are doing, precisely what is happening, and what
you expect to happen instead.

(Please do not write to me directly.  Write to the mailing list.)

Ian