Re: Compiling with OpenMP support.

Michael Craft <mcraft@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I think you mean to enable OpenMP support on a specific program, use
> the -fopenmp option when you are compiling a program. I know this, but
> when I do it, it gives me errors about not being able to find libgomp,
> like GCC its self was not compiled with OpenMP support. Is there
> something I need to do at the time I compile GCC to enable it to
> compile OpenMP programs?

gcc itself does not use OpenMP.  libgomp is not not used by gcc when
gcc is itself running.  libgomp is used by the program compiled with
-fopenmp.  You do need to use -fopenmp when you are linking your
program, as well as when you are compiling it.  If you are doing that,
I think you need to tell us precisely what you are doing and what
happens when you do it (i.e., cut and paste from your terminal).

Ian