Re: GCJ deadlock on ARMLinux

Michael Jakobs wrote:

> Hopefully, this is the right mailing list for my problems, if not please
> let me know which one is the better list for my request.

This is the list.

> I am using:
>
> gcj 4.0.2
> build with crosstool with glibc-2.3.2
> for an embedded ARM Box with Linux 2.6.14
>

> I had some deadlock problems on a big application and couldn't find the
> error, so I started working on a small test program.
> This program is just a (very) easy application, which exchanges data
> between a TCP Client and Server. The error is:
> This data sharing works for several times, but after exchanging some
> packets (might be 3 or even a thousand), the client stops before calling
> or inside the method socket.write(...).
>
> For better understanding, I have attached the code.

I've run this for a while on gcj 4.3.1, kernel 2.6.22-3-iop32x ARM EABI
GNU/Linux, with no problems.

gcj 4.0.2 is very old.  I fixed a lot of problems in Sep 2007, and the
first gcj release with these fixes is 4.3.x.  This release requires ARM
EABI, which we need to properly support ARM stack unwinding.

Have you run the gcj test suite?  I suppose not, as I'm not aware of
any way of running the compiler test suites on crosstool.  I suspect
you'd see a lot of problems.

Andrew.