gcc 4.3.2 on PA hpux

It seems that -lpthread is always needed and that seems wrong.
First I built 3.3.6, to bootstrap using bundled K&R compiler. That was easy enough.

Neither the switches -m32 nor -m64 are understood.
I could understood one of them not working, but not both.
Maybe they clash with some switch in native cc on this system?

configure -enable-all-targets doesn't "work" -- doesn't build a biarch compiler.
I guess that isn't implemented.
You know, I was hoping for gcc -m32 and -m64 to both work.
Ok.

configure hppa64-hpux => eventually tells me that it is not supported.
Could it suggest I say hppa64-hpux instead?
That works further -- hppa64-hpux11.

It would be nice if native assembler was supported, and/or if -g worked with it, but ok,
you can only do so much.

Oh, also, it looks like 3.3.6 is supported via a build-time conversion to K&R.
Why not keep that? Maybe there are other __STDC__ dependencies?
Somewhere I had to add #include , I think it was in gas, maybe misc.c.
(I'm rebuilding it now with gcc, and maybe I could have in the first place.
I forgot the required build order/dependency chain. Perhaps I should start over
and record it better.)

Thanks,
 - Jay