Re: *** buffer overflow detected *** error

ying lcs wrote:

> I assume the fix is in (from the attachment in the bug)
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/17177324/xulrunner-1.9_1.9.0.1%2Bbuild1%2Bnobinonly-0ubuntu2.debdiff
>
> Can you please tell me how can I apply it?
>
> I 'cd' to my mozilla directory and then do 'patch -p0 <
> xulrunner-1.9_1.9.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu2.debdiff', I get a
> 'File to patch' prompt.I don't know what to do.
>
> And i try 'cd' to my 'mozilla/xulrunner', and do the same thing, I get
> the same prompt. I don't know what to do.

That is a diff against a debian/unbuntu source package, not the mozilla
source.  If you look at the contents it touches the debian rules file
and includes patches-in-patch, i.e. the patch creates patches which the
build system later applies to the upstream source.  You can't apply this
patch directly to the mozilla source.

If you are not working from a .deb source package (which you really
ought to consider doing if you intend to install the result on your
system, and you wouldn't have to mess with any manual patching or
fiddling to get fixes) then you can click on the upstream mozilla bug
412610 which is linked on that site, where you will find the change as
it was committed to the mozilla source:
<http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/adf33dbb59d0>.  (Click on
'raw' to get the changeset as a patch file.)

Brian