Re: another problem

Dear Eildert,

Once again, I stress that you will get more help by writing to relevant mailing-lists than by writing to an individual (especially one that has retired from the project). I've added gcc-help mailing- list in the CC list, please keep it in CC of your eventual replies, as people there can help you more than I can.

unfortunately (for you) your name crops up again for another issue that I was asking google about: I want to also create windows binaries of my f90 code.
This works most elegantly by replacing in the Makefile
F90=gfortran by F90=wine gfortran
and all of this on my standard linux machine.

You can also get a linux-to-windows cross compiler (ask about it on the gcc.gnu.org gcc-help mailing list or one of the mingw lists), or even build you own.

So far so good. This produces a 32bit binary whic I do need. But now I would also need a 64 bit windows version. I thaught that -m64 would do the trick,
but its does not

The Win64 support in GCC is rather recent, and though it works quite well, it hasn't been "incorporated" with the existing system as is the case of other OSes: in short, for Win64 you need completely different compiler binaries (and assembler and linker) than for 32-bit Windows. Using -m64 on the 32-bit Windows compiler does not work, nor does using -m32 on the Win64 compiler.

Now, there are three types of compilers able to generate Win64 executables: -- native Win64 compilers, but they probably won't run with Wine (which, AFAIK, doesn't support Win64) -- Win32 compilers generating Win64 code (cross-compilers), which you can run under Wine -- compilers running on linux and generating Win64 code: same as above, but without the need for Wine

Make your choice! People from the mingw-w64 project (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64 ) will most certainly help you find adequate binaries whatever your choice is, if you ask them.

Regards,
FXC