Re: unexpected speedup by manual inlining

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 06:26:22PM +0100, Galloth wrote:
> Hi,
> maybe I misunderstand something. Did you mean that even if I will use
> inline in declaration of the function, than I still have to turn on
> the optimalization to have my code inlined?

Yes.  Quoting from the fine manual (note the last sentence):

`-fno-inline'
     Don't pay attention to the `inline' keyword.  Normally this option
     is used to keep the compiler from expanding any functions inline.
     Note that if you are not optimizing, no functions can be expanded
     inline.

--
Michael Meissner, IBM
4 Technology Place Drive, MS 2203A, Westford, MA, 01886, USA