Re: Issue with allocating stack space to local variables (frame pointer)

"Sivaprasad.pv" <sivaprasad.pv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We are trying to port gnu gcc for our custom processor. But it is
> giving problem for allocating stack to local (auto) variables.
> for example:
>     I declared  local variable in  following order.
>                     int a, b, c;
>                     char d;
>                     short e, f, g;
>                      char  h;
> while allocating stack to these local variable it is leaving space
> which is equal to the size of that data type.

That sounds like exactly what it is supposed to do, so I think you
need to explain in more detail.

> I have tried to adjust  by defining "STARTING_FRAME_OFFSET" macro.But
> I am unable to get required results.

Setting STARTING_FRAME_OFFSET to any value other than zero is almost
certainly wrong.  If you are looking at STARTING_FRAME_OFFSET, you
should probably instead look at INITIAL_ELIMINATION_OFFSET.

Ian