Determining floating point ABI on ARM

Hello,

The documentation [1] has three possible values to specify the ABI used for floating point values on ARM with the -mfloat-abi option. They are called "soft", "softfp" and "hard". In my understanding both "soft" and "softfp" use the same ABI, but the former uses no hardware accelerated instructions whereas the later one does.

I am also aware of a define called "__SOFTFP__" which is defined in case the "soft" ABI is specified. But it is not defined if "softfp" is specified.

Shouldn't "__SOFTFP__" also be present in case the "softfp" ABI is used?
How can I distinguish whether my code gets compiled with the "hard" or the "softfp" ABI?

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/ARM-Options.html#ARM-Options

Thanks and regards,
Michael Starzinger