Re: Different object code generated each time file is compiled

Thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier question.

We have tracked the difference down to the following line in the assembly code that is emited:

<_GLOBAL__I_software_foo_fah_snmp_AFSecZoneMib.cpp_8D2A3925_B0CAE5BA>:

The last four HEX bytes, B0CAE5BA, are what is different on each run. The rest of the line is the same.

Searching around Google hasn't turned up too much information yet. One reference was to a global constructor tag, but there was no mention of how the suffix is derived. Not sure if this has anything to do with the anonymous namespace suggestion made earlier. I think that we'll try the -frandom-seed switch to see if that will do it, since the description there says "certain" symbol names that have to be different...

Regards,
Burt