Gcc help

Ok i am really hoping this is the right email for thr
question i have. I am a new programmer and am learning
C++ right now. im still in high school and hoping to
be a software engineer. So i downloaded what i think
is you GCC 4.2.4 compiler. now i extracted the whole
thing but i have know idea what do to next. I have
written some code but have no idea how to use to
compiler to test it out. there no exe file or nothing
to run. I have looked over the website but i cant seem
to find anything. might just be that im looking in the
wrong places. A bit of help would be nice. if this is
the wrong email to email to please lemme know which
one i need to email.