Re: Trouble building cross-compiler i686-pc-linux-gnu => mipsel-elf

Hi again!

John Love-Jensen schrieb:
When you did...

make install

...where did you install mipsel-elf-gcc to?

And why are you in that directory when you invoke ./mipsel-elf-gcc?  (Not
that you can't do that, but it is somewhat unusual.)

I only ask because GCC does not support being run in the directory in which
it is built, it needs to be installed.

Don't worry, I used the directory /usr/cross-mips for deployment (and as $PREFIX during compilation). I run mips-elf-gcc from directory /usr/cross-mips/bin and places my hello.c there, too.

OK, to get rid of the lately mentioned errors I used the following command to compile hello.c:

./mipsel-elf-gcc hello.c -msoft-float -T nullmon.ld --static

This works without errors or warnings but... I do not understand what I did. What does "-T nullmon.ld" mean? What determines which *.ld-file I must use? May be you can help me with this...

I also updated my "log" of executed statements, may be it helps anybody:

http://www.informatik.uni-augsburg.de/~jahrralf/gcc_working.php

Thanks again and bye bye

Ralf