Query on Migarting from gcc3.3 to gcc4.1.2

Hi,

I would like to know how different is GNU4.1.2  C++ compiler compared to GNU3.3 C++ compiler. This is to estimate the potential effort required to migrate the compiler used in our development environment.  We are currently using GNU3.3 for VxWorks 5.5.1 based development and now planning to upgrade the compiler to GNU4.1.2.

Some time back when we migrated the compiler from GNU 2.8   to GNU 3.3, we had to make changes (quiet a lot of)  related to some of the library calls with respect to the new STD libraries etc. (for example new ostringstream instead of oststream etc..).

But considering the migration from GNU3.3 to GNU4.1.2, my assumption is that since gcc3.3 already supporting most of the ANCI C++ standards we may not have much work in migrating to GNU 4.1.2, probably except some warning removals due to some strong type/syntax checking introduced in gcc higher versions.

Awaiting your response

Thanks and Regards
Jomy