Re: stubs-32.h missing.

Franklin Brown wrote:

Thank you.  I am downloading glibc 2.7 now and will try to install that.
Glibc 2.4 would not install for some reason, but I cannot remember the
error.

You shouldn't have done things like these ever!  The base system
including those "run-time libraries" shouldn't ever be touched!
Unless one really knows what one is doing...

One could consider updating the binutils and GCC in '/usr/bin' etc
but as default this will not happen. When one builds binutils or GCC
the '--prefix=/usr/local' is the default...

Replacing the system glibc is something which most people will never
try because after that the whole system may be totally non-working...

I myself always suggest people to use the original pre-made glibc etc.
for the target system even in those cross compiler cases, so if someone
wants the cross-built apps to work on a FC6 system, one has better to
use those original FC6 glibc-2.5, X11, GTK, KDE etc. libraries than to
try to replace them with "totally self-made" components. This really
weird attitude however seems to be very common among the cross-GCC
builders, it is not enough that people only build the target binutils,
GCC and possibly GDB, people also will rebuild all the (already built
and tested) target libraries for some weird "bolshevistic" reason
("Anything which was made earlier should not be used - everything must
be made from absolute scratch again").

Maybe this weird attitude, "everything in a GCC : binutils, GCC and
glibc, should be rebuilt from pristine FSF sources!", has now appeared
into the native GCC builds too :(