Re: CPAN - ERROR: failed to install HTML::HeadParser

Car54:

> I'm running on CentOS 3.9 and tried to install a bunch of Perl Modules and
> most of them with success, but the following one has errors I can't seem to
> get past, so I run this one all on it's own and the same errors come up. I'm
> really new at this and I can't figure out why it has a problem with "make"
> when make is installed at the proper location.  I'd really appreciate
> someone helping me.

(Standard lecture for OT-ness)
But, anyway, the issue is with an version of an XSUB build.  One of
the C headers for HTML parser XSUB seems to have been superceded.

If the Linux distribution has old versions of some of the required modules,
then you'll need to install recent versions, probably manually after
downloading them from CPAN, in /usr/local/site-perl/<whatever>.

I would try installing libwww and its prerequisites from CPAN.  The
modules that libwww needs, and their versions, should be defined in
Makefile.PL

You should consider installing another, more recent perl in
/usr/local, not only because you can install the most recent modules,
which of course are updated frequently by the CPAN authors, but also
because Linux's configuration depends on perl and the versions of the
library modules that come with the distribution.

--
Ctalk Home Page: http://www.ctalklang.org