Re: MPFR lib path missing from compile command(s) during configuration?

Hello,

* Brian Dessent wrote on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 02:08:56AM CEST:
> Eric Lemings wrote:
>
> > Ah yes.  For some reason, I was thinking the
> > --with-mpfr=<mpfr-install-dir>
> > option would take care of that.
>
> But that is not something that gcc has knowledge of -- it varies from
> system to system and is part of the policy that the system administrator
> controls.

With due respect, but that's a really weak argument.  GCC has very well
the Libtool machinery at hand (or could use the gnulib module havelib)
to take care of this.  Many other packages do this, too.

Rather, it's been a policy decision of GCC not to provide this, in order
to allow more flexibility for the user.  (I'm not trying to argue this
decision.)

Cheers,
Ralf