Re: Why g++ does not emit any information for a local variable in a template class member function?

Peng Yu wrote:
Redirected to gcc-help.

> I have the following code. I try to print the variable temp in the
> constructor of A. But gdb can not do that. The error message is shown
> blow the C++ code.
>
> According to the people from gdb mailing list, it is because that the
> compiler (g++)  does not generate information for such variable in the
> debugging mode. Is it a bug of g++. BTW, I'm using g++ of the
> following version

It's not a bug as such, since we've never guaranteed to generate complete
debug information.  Perhaps this should be considered an enhancement
request, rather than a bug.

If you go to http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/ and type the search terms
"c++ debug info" you'll find several related bug reports.

Andrew.