Re: Function Prototype Generation

Bob Smith wrote:
I was using MS Visual Studio for a C-only project and want to switch for various reasons. One reason not to switch is that I can't find a way to get gcc to generate function prototypes automatically. MSVC has a switch (/Zg) which they list as deprecated to do this.

1.  Am I missing something in gcc?
Do you mean gnu protoize?

2.  Why would MS want to remove this useful capability,

Because there's no reason to duplicate gnu tools, if this is what you mean?