Again: shared libraries and uncaught exceptions (OpenSolaris, x86, gcc-3.4.6)

Hello friends,

I am having a serious problem with gcc 3.4.6 and C++ exceptions thrown within/across shared objects (OpenSolaris 05/2008, Intel x86).

I read everything about gcc exception handling, libgcc_s.so, etc. but I am still suffering...

If I'm coding a lightweight test program and a C++ shared object declaring an exception class, everything works fine, i.e.

1.) Exception thrown in SO and caught in SO: Ok
2.) Exception thrown in SO and caught in app: Ok
3.) Exception thrown in app and caught in app: Ok

But: A bigger project consisting of a bunch of shared objects (all of them built with gcc-3.4.6, all of them are using the same libstdc++ and libgcc_s, all of them are making use of RTTI) terminates with the well known 'terminate called after ...'. This occurs for an exception thrown in a shared object and caught by the same shared object.

Any ideas? Any advises? Is this a platform issue related to OpenSolaris on Intel x86?

Thank you very much in advance, Ingo.

P.S. I bootstrapped/compiled the GNU Compiler Suite on my own using binutils 2.18 (gnu-ld and gnu-as).