Re: Compiling with -msoft-float on Ubuntu i386

Although I'm not an expert on the subject, it seems that the replacing
soft-float symbols are not seen by the linker. Try to see weather you
have libgcc1 compiled seperately (and thus installed seperatly) and if
so give gcc '-shared-libgcc'.

> Searching the web and this mailinglist gave me no solution to my
> problem. Do I need to compile gcc with some special config arguments?
> Is there a library that I need to add to the command line?

It might be so, I'm not sure (I'm not an expert on this, as mentioned
before). In my exprience, in order to produce soft float producing code
gcc, I had to go through the stages of bootstraping the compiler, e.g.
start with compiling binutils to soft float then go on with building a
static gcc that is soft float enabled, and with that resulting compiler
to build a shared obj producing gcc , that is soft float enabled.

Hope this helps in anyway,

Sivan