Re: gcno file doesn't include uncalled member functions?

Hi Michael,

> Can you elaborate on your comment about -O0 producing not-useful results?

That's in the context of performance profiling.

I have seen performance profiling that indicated that 90% of the programs
time was spent in a routine that in the optimized build was much less than
1% of the time.

That specific case is exemplary of non-optimized builds in general.  Hence
performance profiling for the non-optimized build is not interesting, since
time spent fine-tuning (or re-architecting) the non-performant non-optimized
code is not a useful effort.

In the context of coverage profiling, -O0 should be fine.  Perhaps even
preferred.

The rest of your message is a bit out of my knowledge, so hopefully someone
else addresses your other inquiries.

Sincerely,
--Eljay