Re: strict aliasing: how to swap pointers

Andrew Haley wrote:
Consider an arch which has pointers to char (and void *) that are two words
in size, and pointers to int that are one word in size.  On such an arch
your exchange() function won't work, which is one reason why you need a macro
to do it in Standard C.

What platforms are there where sizeof(T*) != sizeof(void*) for some T?

--
Matthew
First time I've gotten a programming job that required a drug test. I was worried they were going to say 'you don't have enough LSD in your system to do Unix programming'. -- Paul Tomblin (from cluefire.net)