warning that warns about iso compliant code

Hi all, can anyone comment on this warning? I think that it might loosely be classified as a "bug" in the compiler because it warns both about the correct code and the incorrect code. There is more detail below. Given the fact that I have almost zero formal cs training, I would like to get some comments from the more experienced guys, if possible thanks. Burlen

for code such as:

int main()
{
int nToProcess=0;
for (int i=0; i<nToProcess; ++i)
  {
  int nComp=0;
  for (int i=0; i<nComp; ++i)
    {
    int j=i;
    }
    int q=i;
  }
return 0;
}

I have the following warnings:

testNetsted.cpp: In function ‘int main()’:
testNetsted.cpp:11: warning: name lookup of ‘i’ changed
testNetsted.cpp:4: warning: matches this ‘i’ under ISO standard rules
testNetsted.cpp:7: warning: matches this ‘i’ under old rules

To me it seems the compiler should not warn about code that follows the
ISO standard rules. However, it would be nice if the compiler warned about the case that didn't follow the standard. I personally like to hide the outer variables because it documents the fact that a particular loop does not use that variable. Am I just being silly and I should use different index variable name for all of my nested loops,even when there are no dependencies?