Re: Problem with multilib build

Ethan Du wrote:
 You see, "./arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/cortex-a8" was missing. After
gave a check I found the binaries should be placed under
"./arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/cortex-a8" was actually placed under
"./arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib".

Check the multilib.h file in the build directory to make sure it is OK. You also might be able to get some useful info by looking at the build files.

 I was thinking config/arm/t-linux-eabi should be the only place need
to be modified for multilib build, is that right?

Normally, yes, though it depends on what you are trying to do.

 I see libraries under ./arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/ is armv5, where
is this default arch value defined?

Look for a definition of MULTILIB_DEFAULTS in one of the .h files.

 I already have such a toolchain installed, but without the multilib
I want. To avoid a new install, I just copied the multilib folders to
the old toolchain, and used -specs=my_new_specs to try,

There is a multilib.h file created that is included by gcc.c. You can't override this stuff via the specs files. You need to build a new gcc driver. You should not need to rebuild anything else.

Jim