Re: compile error when initializing descendant struct

Dave Bender wrote:

>  Although your solution is correct, I want to instantiate the structs
> in reside in the .rodata section of the DSO,
> which cannot be done by using the output of a function call.

I don't think it's possible, since having a base class makes struct B
non-POD.  There might be hope in C++0x, where the POD type rules have
been revisited, but that's still a draft and from the status page it's
not implemented in any gcc yet:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html>.

Brian