Re: gcc-4.3.0 failed to build on Redhat ES 4 on itanium architecture ?

ÎâêØ wrote:

> See the config.log, the errors are:
>
> configure:3630: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
> conftest.c:2: error: syntax error before "me"
> configure:3636: $? = 1
>
> conftest.cc: In function `int main()':
> conftest.cc:13: error: `exit' was not declared in this scope
> configure:4088: $? = 1

You're looking at the config.log in the toplevel, but that's not the
right one.  Those are both benign test programs that are expected to
fail; they aren't related.  There is a config.log generated each time a
configure script is run, and there are lots of configure runs throughout
the bootstrap process.  The one you want is located in whatever
directory you were in at the time of the failure, probably something
ending in $target/libgcc/.

Your failure seems to be at the point in stage 1 where xgcc has just
been built and is about to be used to configure and build libgcc.  A
failure at this point normally means the just-built xgcc can't find some
file that's required to link, like a crt*.o startup file or related.
The config.log ought to have the full error.

Brian