Re: compile with no prefix

"George Neill" <georgen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>   Is it possible to configure/build gcc with no prefix?  I'd like to
> build a version which I can tarball up and drop anywhere on the
> filesystem.

You should always configure it with a prefix.  But if you wrap up the
whole directory structure under that prefix and put it somewhere else,
gcc will still be able to run and to find its supporting programs.

(This only works for sufficiently recent versions of gcc--I think it
works for any 4.x release.)

Ian