Re: How does GCC4 transform GIMPLE IR to SSA?

On 03/23/08 10:09, QiangHuang wrote:

But for more details,I need to know the exact procedures how GIMPLE
form is transformed into SSA.Thus, I wonder that if someone could show
me the transformation flow or something related.

There are tutorials, presentations and articles on GCC internals in the GCC wiki, http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GettingStarted

The source code for the SSA renamer is tree-into-ssa.c. Note that GCC uses two SSA forms, the traditional rewriting form for scalars and a non-rewriting factored use-def chains for memory variables. Both are implemented in tree-into-ssa.c.

I recommend that you read about virtual operands and memory SSA representation in the articles and tutorials.

Diego.