Re: Dynamic compilation using gcc

Dear Brian,

Thanks a lot for your answers and background information.

No, nothing like [a C API] exists...
dlopen has to mmap() the file...
You could of course create the file in a tmpfs filesystem...
I don't see what's so bad about using files.
unlinking an open file is the standard technique...

I agree. Using files is not that bad. In fact, with the information you gave it seems to be the way to go. Thanks a lot. Your answers will save me a lot of time searching for something which does not exist.

Cheers,
Klaus