Re: gcc 4.2.3 : make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

> "Dennis Clarke" <dclarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Both GMP and MPFR are built and pass all tests and the libraries are
>> created fine :
>>
>> gmp-4.2.2
>> mpfr-2.3.1
>>

> You will do better to use --disable-shared when you configure gmp and
> mpfr.  Using the shared libraries means that you need to ensure that
> gcc can find them at runtime, and that typically requires setting
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I'll swing around for a second pass at gmp and mpfr and rebuild them again.
I don't recall needing to do this in the past but .. anything is possible I
guess.

>> /home/dclarke/local/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-include accepts -g... no
>> checking whether the GNU Fortran compiler is working... no
>> configure: error: GNU Fortran is not working; the most common reason for
>> that is that you might have linked it to shared GMP and/or MPFR libraries,
>> and not set LD_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly. If you suspect any other reason,
>> please report a bug in http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla, attaching
>> /home/dclarke/build/first_pass/gcc/gcc-4.2.3-build/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/libgfortran/config.log
>
> There you go: set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to work around this, but even better
> is to use static gmp and mpfr libraries.
>

>> Should I just set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/local/lib  ??
>
> That will probably work too.

I started a fresh bootstrap build about twelve hours ago with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set and with some luck the process will continue to
completion and then onwards towards the testsuites.

Thank you and I'll keep plugging away at this.

Dennis Clarke