Disabling GGC

Hello,

Constraints:
1. I am using GCC 4.1.2.
2. I would prefer not to make any changes to the GCC source for this
task.
3. I do not require code generation or anything past GIMPLE.
Goal:
I'm trying to demo a simple static analysis technique which requires me
to store all the functions of the source being compiled for later
analysis. It seems that some time after a given "struct function" is
processed by GCC, it is purged from memory.

What I've tried:
1. I've setting ggc-min-heapsize = RAM_SIZE, but I was still unable to
access the cfg within the "struct function"

2. I looked into using the various copy functions available in
tree-inline.c, some are static and others don't seem to return anything
(tree-inline.c:save_body).

3. In a previous project, I created parallel graph data structures to
those found in GCC. These served as copies for the GCC structures and
were allocated with xmalloc (no garbage collection). This time, I would
prefer to use as much existing GCC code as possible.

Question:
What would be the easiest way to make sure that some copy of each
"struct function," is retained throughout the entire execution of the
GCC compilation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Paul