problems with gfortran

Hello,
I have a powerbook Mac OS X 10.4.11, ppc , XCode 2.5
I have installed gfortran binaries using the Apple-style installer gfortran-macosx-ppc.dmg downloaded at

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries

When I try to compile I get an error, with the message

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
 Referenced from: /usr/bin/gfortran
 Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Actually the above lib is not there; perhaps shall I install additional package in order for gfortran to work ? I have already used previous version of gfortran without problems. It looks like in the most recent versions something changed that I miss.
Could you please help me ?
Thanks a lot.
Giorgio

--