Re: GCC 3.3 binary for XScale

Rodrigo Dominguez wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Haley [mailto:aph@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 8:37 AM
To: Rodrigo Dominguez
Cc: 'Martin Guy'; gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: GCC 3.3 binary for XScale

Rodrigo Dominguez wrote:
Martin,

This would install gcc on my host, not on my target.
Not if you typed it on your target.

There's no 'yum' command in Embedded Linux.

My host is a machine running Fedora Core 8. My target is an
embedded board
with an XScale/ARM processor running Embedded Linux 2.6.
Why didn't you say so?  I thought you were running Fedora on your
target.

I am looking for the gcc 3.3 binaries that can run on my target.
Where did you get Embedded Linux 2.6 for your target from?

I am using DULG ELDK which comes with gcc 4.0.
Why? Why does it matter?

Is the problem that you don't have gcc 3.3 on your target, or that you don't
have *any* gcc on your target?  This really important.  According to
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKPackages#Section_3.8.2. there is a gcc package
for the target.

There are two ways to get gcc running on your target.  The easy way is
to get a binary from whoever supplied your target OS.  If they don't have
one, you're going to have to build it.  If you have gcc 4.0 on your target,
just use that to build gcc 3.3.

I don't know what the real problem is, because you haven't told us.

Andrew.