Re: GCC 3.3 binary for XScale

>  1. Will this work if my host's linux distribution is not Debian? I am
>  running Fedora Core.
Probably

>  2. If the answer to 1 is yes, will I need dpkg in order to install the .deb
>  file?
No. I told you how to unpack it. dpkg will not work on a non-debian system.

However, there is also a tool "alien" for converting .deb files to .rpms
It's not perfect, but it normally manages ok, and you would then be
able to remove the alien packages using your usual package manager,
instead of having to delete all their files and directories manually.

But first, look to see if you can find a package of gcc-3.3 for fedora core-arm.