Re: Problem going to GCC from ICC

tmortime wrote:
We have been using the Intel C++ compiler for quite a while and have, for
various reasons, decided to switch to GCC. We were able to build pretty
easily but now experience pretty frequent crashes, usually in the form of an
invalid free. The following output is obtained. You'll notice the Valgrind
output doesn't appear to be from the same spot as what you get when in the
debugger, not sure why, but it all appears to be std::string related.
The offending line is this result += ife_print (&ife); where result is a so called ChString which is our own String class, which
inherites from std::basic_string, and then defined as typedef String<char>
ChString.
the ife_print function signature returns an std::string object. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

You're in a much better position than us in that you have the source code and
you can debug it.  If you can make a test case from your code and post it
here, we'll be able to help.

Andrew.