Re: Should it be reported as a bug? (-O2 and cmpxchg instruction)

Martin Sustrik wrote:

I certainly don't get that.  Please post a complete test case, with
assembly output.  We also need to know exactly your version of gcc.

Sorry, I am not able to make a simple test case as I don't know how to force gcc to inline the function that gets inlined in our product. Without the inlining everything looks to compile without problems. Is there any way to force inline?

Declare it inline and compile with -O ought to do it.  GCC does not inline
any functions when not optimizing unless you specify the `always_inline'
attribute.

Andrew.