static linking warning

Hi all,

I am encountering a warning which I would like to understand a little better.

p4_secure.c: warning: Using 'getpwuid' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

I am building an app with the --static flag. I have attempted to make sure that all of the components of this app are linked against statically linked libraries. This call is part of the underlying system. But why would I get this warning? Why wouldn't those functions be linked in statically as well?

Thanks
Burlen