Re: Supress macro expansion

Hi vsdeepthi,

>  I want to preprocess the file but suppress macro expansion. Is this
> possible using gcc?

Short answer:  no.

Long answer:  yes, you have access to the GCC source code and you could
munge that to make it do what you want.

> I have tried "gcc -fdirectives_only -E" and "gcc -fpreprocessed -E".
> Any inputs?

You'll have to write your own preprocessor.

Fortunately, there is a C/C++ preprocessor called Wave already written by
Hartmut Kaiser using Boost Spirit that you could use as a starting point and
customize from there.

http://spirit.sourceforge.net/repository/applications/wave.html

Boost Spirit is a EBNF-like representation in C++.  (Technically it is an
object oriented recursive descent parser generator framework implemented
using template meta-programming techniques.  The C++ alternative to using
flex/bison or lex/yacc.)

http://www.boost.org/libs/spirit/

Boost is a grab bag of incredible enhancements to the Standard C++ Library.

http://www.boost.org/

HTH,
--Eljay